Date of the last revision: 31-December-2018
- We serve targeted advertising on behalf of our clients or targeted advertising of our own.
- We strive to ensure the advertising and content you see will be relevant for you through using cookies and similar technologies. You can Opt Out at any time.
- We do not need to know who you are in order to serve you targeted advertising. In fact, we try our best to avoid storing anything that would make you readily identifiable. You can read more about the measures we take in this regard below.
Please note that this Privacy Notice may be revised and reissued from time to time. You should visit this page regularly to review the current version.
What we do
In the course of our activities, we may process information on or related to you (“your information”) for the aforementioned purpose in the manner described in this Privacy Notice. Below, we wish to inform you on how your information, and in particular any personal data we may hold about you, is collected, used, stored, disclosed and removed (each and all referred to as “processing”). By “personal data” we mean any information relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”) – an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number or an online identifier.
The data we process
To reach the intended target audiences, we need to process certain data that may include information related to natural persons, in particular:
Audience data from our clients: The data we receive from our clients includes information on business customers collected in accordance with our clients’ own privacy policies and may include, for example, business email addresses and IP address ranges used by the customer as well as website activity and analytics data collected from their websites.
Other data on web and email activities: When you visit sites or services operated by our partners or view and engage with their email marketing messages, we may receive and process your log and activity data1 as well as set cookies2 on your computer allowing us to recognize your browser. This information may be associated with a unique random identifier allowing us to target you with advertising on other websites.
In the context of messages targeted to you, you may also be able to relay information to our clients, for example, to request for more information or ask them to contact you about their services and products. The personal data you provide through such features will be processed by our clients in accordance with their own privacy principles and policies as communicated to you on such occasion.
We do not want to identify you
Sometimes the data we receive may include information that would allow us to identify the person concerned, such as an email address. Apart from instances where you specifically wish to relay your details to our client, we will take measures to transform the data so that it can either be no longer attributed to a specific data subject at all (“anonymization”) or so that it can be attributed to a specific person only with additional information that is kept strictly separate from and never combined with the said personal data (“pseudonymization”). In the case of an email address, for example, this could mean that we discard the identifying part of the email address (and keep only the domain part), or that we transform the address with a hashing algorithm and discard the original unhashed version entirely. We will regularly review our anonymization and pseudonymization measures to ensure that they meet the above objectives.
Legal bases of processing
In order for us to be able to process your personal data, we may rely on different legal bases, including:
- Your separate consent as obtained from you by us or by our client (only when legally required). To the extent we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by opting out (see below);
- Our necessary and legitimate commercial interests and those of our clients, in particular, to provide analytics services and make sure our clients' business-to-business marketing efforts, and those of our own, reach their intended audience. With respect to this legal basis, we have carefully assessed our processing activities and determined that they are compatible with your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms as a data subject. More information on this assessment can be made available to you upon request.
Retention of your information
We retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes detailed in this notice. Please note that the lifetime of the cookies that we set is 540 days and it will be reset every time you visit a website or see an advertisement with our tracking code. So unless you delete the cookies yourself, the cookies we set may take up to 540 days to expire from the last time you visited a web page with our tracking code.
How we share your information
We may share your information with our clients for the above-mentioned purposes and for carrying out related or complementary activities such as advertisement delivery, audience measurement, traffic analysis or demographic analysis. We may also use third parties to assist us with data processing, software development, hosting, database management and administrative tasks related to the processing activities described in this document. These third parties may be permitted to access your information, but they may only do so to perform these tasks on our behalf and are not allowed to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
How we store and secure your information
- Your information is stored in accordance with this Privacy Notice and any applicable laws in secure locations and servers within the European Economic Area as follows:
- Strict security measures are applied to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data when we process it.
- We use physical, technical and organizational measures to counter the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data.
- Only designated persons and a limited amount of our personnel have access to the information. Our personnel have been trained to observe data security in their work. Where your personal data needs to be disclosed to our subcontractors, we require them to process and safeguard the data in a manner consistent with applicable laws and this Privacy Notice.
Your right to opt out
You may choose not to let us process your personal data to target advertisements to you by Opt Out at any time.
You are able to opt out of advertisement cookies we set also by adjusting the cookie settings on your browser (please see your browser Help for how to do this).
Other data subject rights
Under applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us, and where that is the case, access to that personal data as well as to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified or completed. In certain circumstances and/or with respect to specific data processed based on your consent, you may also have the right to request the erasure of the data or to receive the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note, however, that due to the anonymization and pseudonymization measures explained above, we are usually not in a position to identify you as a data subject and thus not able or required to fulfil the above-mentioned requests.
Please contact us for any inquiries related to exercising the above rights. We may charge you the reasonable costs of providing you access to this information where allowed by applicable law.
If you consider our processing activities of your personal data to be inconsistent with applicable data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.
Data controller and contact information
The data controller responsible for your personal data for the purposes of the applicable European Union data protection laws is N Technologies Oy, a Finnish limited liability company (Business ID: 2624746-6); postal address c/o Tilitoimisto Likvidi, Olavinkatu 41 M 2, 57100 Savonlinna, Finland. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our data collection practices, please contact us and specify the nature of your question.
Other Privacy Notices of Ours
- Privacy Notice for Users of N Technologies Products and Services: https://n.rich/privacy-notice-for-users
- Privacy Notice for Potential Customers of N Technologies Products and Services: https://n.rich/privacy-notice-for-potential-customers
1 Information sent by your browser to a site you visit may include, for example, the browser type, your time of access, screen resolution, IP address, referring site URL, current site URL and search strings.
2 A cookie is a small text file sent to your computer when you visit a website, allowing site operators and their partners to store, for example, user preferences and IDs. The site that places the cookie has permission to read its contents each time it communicates with your browser.*